Skip to main content

What kind of driving licence do I need to drive a campervan?

A class C driving licence is required to drive our buses in the US and Canada. In addition, you must be at least 21 years old and have held your driving licence for more than one year.

What rules apply when renting a car in North America?

  • In America the limit for the total weight of a car is 26,000 pounds (around 11.8 tonnes). Thus you may drive our campers above 3.5 tonnes with your non-US class B driving licence, too.
  • As a non-US citizen, you should have your local (European class B or 3) + international driver's licence with you.

What is an international driving licence?

  • The international driving licence is not a driving licence in its own right, but an additional document.
  • Is only valid in conjunction with the national driving licence.
  • Is a kind of translation of the national driving licence.
Was this article helpful?
451 out of 555 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Powered by Zendesk