Here is everything you need to do for a hot shower in your Road House:
- For hot water, the water heater must be turned on. For this we need gas.
- Open the gas bottle.
- Then additionally turn on the safety lever for hot water (water tap + heating symbol). This is located behind the cover next to the back seat:
- Check via the on-board display whether you have enough fresh water in the water tank. For an extensive shower, we recommend a fill level of 50%:
- The boiler must be filled with water. To do this, run the water briefly and turn the tap to hot.
- Then go to the Truma display above the sliding door and follow these steps:
- To activate the screen, press the black button briefly.
- Turn the black button clockwise until you see the symbol with a thermometer under water blinking:
- Click on the black button to confirm.
- The text "OFF" will appear. Turn the wheel clockwise to select select the mode: ECO (40℃), HOT (60℃) or BOOST.
- Once you find the desired mode, press the button to select.
- The main menu will appear again and the boiler should be working.
- Wait about 20 minutes until the water in the boiler is hot.
It takes about 20 minutes for the water to heat up.
To prepare for the shower, connect the shower curtain to the knobs at the top of the bathroom. These should cover the walls of the toilet while you shower.
Watch it in the video:
You can use the shower from the bathroom as an outdoor shower. To do this, open the window above the sink, pull off the shower head and carefully let it hang out of the window. In the bathroom you will find an additional bracket that you can attach outside to hold the shower while you remove the sand from your feet.
If there is a fault or the water does not get warm, try the following:
- Check to see if gas is generally flowing.
- Make sure that the shut-off valve for the boiler (see above) is open.
- If you have forgotten to open the gas bottle or the stopcock before switching on the on-board display, this error must be cleared on the Truma control unit:
Errors on the Truma display:
E517H // E507H // E516H: The error code appears when the gas supply is interrupted. Shut off the system, switch on the gas, press the black knob to confirm the error has been acknowledged. You might have to reset the unit and start the process again. You can do a reset by selecting the symbol with the wrench (tool). The words "RESET" will appear on the screen. Press the button to confirm. This process might have to be repeated a couple of times.
W412H: The error appears when a window is open. This activates the safety pin to avoid exhaust gases from the heating coming inside the vehicle. To have the gas flowing again, close the window, erase the error on the unit by pressing the black knob and start the process again. You might have to repeat the reset process a couple of times until the message disappears.
To do this, go to the Truma Unit:
- Turn the black button until the words "RESET" will appear on the screen.
- Press the button to confirm.
- The words "PR RESET" will appear
- Press the button to confirm.
- The reset will initiate. It can take a few minutes to complete
This process might have to be repeated a couple of times for a full reset. Once completed, the warning sign/error code will disappear and the heating should work again.