There are two types of pop-up roofs for the Travel Home: manual and electric. Here you will find an explanation for each of these models:
Open the roof
- Open a window or door
- Open the locks
- Push the pop-up roof upwards with both hands
- Make sure there is nothing in the way of the roof that could prevent it from opening.
Close the roof
- Open a window or door
- Make sure that there are no branches or objects against the roof or on the bed.
- Swing the bed frame down and align the mattress
- To close, stand upright, look towards the rear and see the word "Push" on the left side of the canvas.
Squeeze the gas spring there so that it moves into place with the help of the loop when you pull the roof down at the same time.
- On the driver's and passenger's side, hook the lever into the receptacle.
Opening the roof
- Open a door or window
- Switch on the ignition
- Switch on the camping unit
- Select "Mercedes Advanced Control"
- Press the words "pop-up roof" and then "extend". Press "Extend" until the roof is fully open.
Lowering the bed
When the bed is attached to the roof, it raises automatically. To lower it, loosen the straps on both sides of the bed and carefully pull it down. Be careful not to hit your head!
Click here to go directly to the explanatory video:
Please note the following:
- Never drive with an open roof!
- When retracting and extending the pop-up roof, always open the window or door to equalize the pressure!
- When retracting the roof, always check that nothing is lying on the mattress, the roof bed is down and zippers of the skylights are closed and the fabric bellows are not jammed in the flaps or protruding out of the side of the vehicle.
The car beeps loudly
If the car beeps loudly, it might not have recognised that the roof is closed. Open and close the roof again. If that doesn't help, there is a reset button that you can use to stop the car from beeping:
- Open the left cupboard and find the waste water lever.
- There is a small reset button in the opening. It's a bit hidden, so you might have to feel it with your fingers:
The roof will not close
Make sure there is an open door or window. If there is any pressure, it may form an air gap that prevents the roof from closing completely. If so, open all doors and windows and try to close the roof again.
If the screen says the roof is retracted but it is not, you can try moving the car a few metres to reset the electrical system. Please make sure there is nothing in the way that could damage the roof!
If that doesn't help, we can check the fuses:
Before any fuse is pulled, following safety measures is required:
- Turn off the engine and remove the key from the contact.
- Unplug the car from any external power supply.
- Pull carefully from the fuse by pulling from the sides.
- A damaged fuse can be burnt or have the connector broken (see picture). If so, please replace You can find them at petrol stations and hardware stores.
Here are the clues to know which fuse to pull and how to find it:
- Move the back seat forward until you get into the car behind the back seat.
- Go into the car behind the back seat. When the table is visible, as in the picture in the description, slide it to the right. Now you should see fuses:
- You can remove the cover of the fuses by pressing them together. Then pull out the first (15A) and second fuse from the left. (7,5A) By pressing together you can remove the cover of the fuses. If they are not damaged, wait a minute and reinsert them:
If the fuse in the kitchen area does not reset, try to do a complete reset. This is done under the driver's seat:
- Open the driver's door
- Remove the fuse box cover. Pull it straight out in your direction.
- Pull out all the fuses and place them on the entrance in the same order so you can see which fuse goes where. Wait a minute and put all the fuses back in.
- Reassemble the fairing. To do this, rehang the panel on the lower side and make sure the bolts on the right and left go into the rubber guide, then slide the panel in.